- Per Capita Meat availability for 2016 (210.8#, 100% y/y) and expanding for 2017 (217.6# +3.2% y/y). Meat Exports are expected to increase but Imports are forecast to decline for Beef and Poultry for 2017. Thus, more animal proteins are expected to be consumed domestically.
- Farm Level prices for Slaughter Steers are forecast to work lower in 2016 to average $124.00 (83.7%) and for 2017 $121.00 (97.6%). The forecast for Farm Level Steer prices for 2017 were reduced by -$2.00 per cwt.
- Farm Level Market Hog prices for 2016 expected to average $47.00 (94.6%) and to have a mid-point average for 2017 at $43.50
(92.6%). Market Hog prices were remained unchanged from the previous report for 2017.
- Wholesale Broiler prices for 2016 were reduced by -1.7% below the previous month and
are now -5.5% below the previous year. Broiler prices for 2017 are expected to gain to an average of $0.875 per pound, a gain of +2.3% relative to the previous year.
- Given the forecasts for expanding Coarse Grains and Oilseed Outputs should benefit Livestock and Poultry producers feeding costs with building carry out stocks.